- Unfortunately, settings for sending pictures on your HTC Hero cannot be sent by SMS.
- It is, however, possible to manually set up MMS on your HTC Hero. Choose Next for step-by-step instructions.
- To send and receive MMS, you need an active internet connection. If needed, click on the instructions on the left for how to set up mobile internet. When ready, continue with this instructions for setting up MMS.
- Start screen.
- Choose the arrow symbol.
- Choose Wireless controls.
- Choose Mobile network settings.
- Choose Access Point Names.
- Remove any existing APN's (except for Internet) by tapping on them, choosing the menu key, and then Delete APN.
- Choose the menu key, and choose New APN.
- Under Name, enter MMS.
- Under APN, enter internet.
- Under Username, enter nothing.
- Under Password, enter nothing.
- Under MMSC, enter http://mms.tango.lu.
- Under MMS Proxy, enter 184.108.40.206.
- Under MMS Poort, enter 8080.
- Under MMS protocol, choose WAP 2.0.
- Under MCC, enter 270.
- Under MNC, enter 77.
- Under APN type, enter mms. (watch out: lower-case letters)
- Choose the menu key.
- Choose Save.
- Return to the Start screen.
- Start screen.
- Switch off the HTC Hero and restart it in order to activate the settings.
- Note: Activation is completed by sending a first MMS. Test the settings by sending an MMS to your own phone number.
- If the MMS was sent successfully, you will receive a confirmation within a few minutes.
- Check receipt of the MMS in the messages inbox of the HTC Hero.
- Want to know how to create and send MMS messages on your HTC Hero? See sending pictures for step-by-step instructions.