D821 Google Nexus 5
- Unfortunately, settings for sending pictures on your Nexus 5 cannot be sent by SMS.
- It is, however, possible to manually set up MMS on your Nexus 5. Choose Next for step-by-step instructions.
- Go to the Start screen.
- Choose the menu symbol.
- Scroll to the right.
- Choose Settings.
- Choose Access Point Names.
- Under Name, enter MMS.
- Under APN, enter internet.
- Under Username, enter nothing.
- Under Password, enter nothing.
- Scroll down.
- Under MMSC, enter http://mms.tango.lu.
- Under MMS proxy, enter 220.127.116.11.
- Under MMS port, enter 8080.
- Under MCC, enter 270.
- Under MNC, enter 77.
- Under Authentication type, tick None.
- Choose APN type.
- If this screen appears, enter mms (note: in lower case) and choose OK.
- If this screen does not appear, tick MMS and choose OK.
- Choose the options symbol.
- The Nexus 5 has now been configured for use of MMS.
- Return to the Start screen.
- Start screen.
- Switch off the Nexus 5 and restart it in order to activate the settings.
- Note: Activation is completed by sending a first MMS. Test the settings by sending an MMS to your own phone number.
- If the MMS was sent successfully, you will receive a confirmation within a few minutes.
- Check receipt of the MMS in the messages inbox of the Nexus 5.
- Want to know how to create and send MMS messages on your Nexus 5? See sending pictures for step-by-step instructions.